.:Pepaya or Popeye:.

2 Comments »
Pepaya or Popeye?~

Finally I have time watching television at my home during my holiday before going practical at Kuala Lumpur next week. Tonight, there’s no interesting movie or drama series for me. But I decide to watch Malay drama series called “Pepaya” in TV3.

My first thought is the hero maybe has some relation to betik or papaya and my guess is right. The hero as known as “Yaya” acted by Zul Yahya is similar to American cartoon hero, Popeye. The different is Popeye eats spinach, while Pepaya eats papaya. I am Popeye fan since I was young until today; I still love to watch the cartoon.


My point is why Malay drama wants to copycat the Popeye and change a little bit for the name. Even the effect after eating papaya is same as Popeye, where the hands of the hero got bigger with muscle and the hero become stronger. I want to comment about the costume that been used, our costume artists are still inexperience except for cicakman; the costume look awesome. Pepaya hands are so funny, like someone wearing big gloves to fight bad people.


My opinion is Malay still don’t have own identity for hero movie and we keep copycat American heroes. I think Cicakman is the best hero we have, even though it has some similarities to Spiderman. At least Cicakman have its own abilities or ways to fight bad people. Pepaya? I think I saw Popeye in Malay version. Anyway, nice try for the director of Pepaya drama. I think the drama is not bad and still have some humor part.
12/24/2008 10:46:00 PM

2 Responses to ".:Pepaya or Popeye:."

FaHim aL Says :
December 26, 2008 at 10:05 AM

most lame idea is copying others and just rebrand it..
but still...
if its done the right way, then ok la..

p/s: ko cuti ke skang?bape ari?

ReDoNe Says :
December 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

cuti? cuti krismas je la.. hari ni keje..

Post a Comment